10 am-12 pm
The Farm School, with guests from Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust
- Visit the Farm School in Athol for conversation and to learn how a long-running youth education program and working farm is deepening its mission–to connect people to the land–by attending to the roots and working toward just, equitable, and inclusive access to land and food.
- 488 Moore Hill Rd, Athol 1.5 miles north of Rt 2A/Main St in Athol. Turn onto Mt Pleasant St, veer right on N Orange Rd, veer left on Brooks Rd, then left on Moore Hill Rd. Parking lot is across the road below driveway. Limited accessible parking at the top of the drive.
Red Apple Farm, Phillipston
- The farmers at Red Apple Farm in Phillipston will share how they blend agritourism, “pick your own” options, and a mix of rural and urban outlets to keep this fourth-generation orchard flourishing.
- 455 Highland Ave, Phillipston (take exit 77 off Rt 2, then Rt 2A east OR exit 79 and Rt 2A west to Highland Ave; farm is about a mile north of Rt 2A)
- Meet the farmers just outside the door of the Country Store, across from the directional sign with the wagon wheel on top.
- Country Store open daily 9 am-8 pm; Brew Barn open Thurs-Sun starting on Memorial Day weekend. Hours vary – see BrewbarnMa.com for updates.
- Gardner Area League of Artists Arts & Music Festival at Red Apple Farm May 19, 20, & 21
Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- At Quabbin Harvest, you’ll hear how a small community-owned market in Orange and its land-trust partner play a vital role in building a stronger regional food system.
- 12 North Main St, Orange (go up the hill at the traffic light in the center of town; road is open despite what the construction signage says)
- Open 10-7 weekdays, 9-5 Saturdays.
Petersham Country Store
- Petersham Country Store shows how a general store and café can be at the heart of a small town, and how it takes a village, a land trust, and a lot of skill and energy to keep it there.
- 2 North Main St in the center of Petersham (Crossroads tour guide will be in the tent on the Common across the road)
- Store open Mon-Sat 8 am-7 pm, Sun 9 am-5 pm; Ari’s Kitchen Café open every day (breakfast till 11 am, lunch 11 am-3 pm).
Diemand Farm, Wendell
- As Diemand Farm in Wendell transitions to the third generation of family ownership, its creative mix of poultry products, homemade prepared foods, and other offerings continues to evolve.
- 126 Mormon Hollow Rd, Millers Falls (NOTE: use Millers Falls for GPS; farm is in Wendell). Follow signs from Rt 63 in Millers Falls or Wendell Depot Rd in Wendell.
- Farm store open 8 am-4 pm Mon-Sat. Follow signs for event parking.
- SpringFest Craft Fair at Diemand Farm May 20
Jared Duval/Coolidge Hill Farm (the farm is in New Salem, Jared will be at Quabbin Harvest in Orange)
- From 12 to 2 pm at Quabbin Harvest, you’ll meet Coolidge Hill Farm’s Jared Duval, a young farmer who recently purchased the land in New Salem where he’s been farming for several years.
- Find Coolidge Hill Farm on Facebook and Instagram, and look for Jared at the Petersham Friday Market (3-7 pm on the Common) and Orange Farmers Market (3-7 pm Thursdays in the Armory parking lot).
Chase Hill Farm and Creamery, Warwick
- At Chase Hill Farm and Creamery in Warwick, a young farm family has taken over from a third-generation farm couple who created a regenerative grass-based dairy operation.
- 74 Chase Hill Rd, Warwick Just off Athol Rd, about 8 miles north of Athol or 2 miles east of the center of Warwick (Route 78).
- Farmstand open 7 am-7 pm every day. Parking along road or driveway.
New Salem Preserves
- Overlooking the Quabbin Reservoir whose creation changed the area’s economy nearly a century ago, the historic apple orchard at New Salem Preserves connects to today’s local food enthusiasm with sweet and hard cider, donuts, jams, and more.
- 67 South Main St, New Salem, just under a mile east of Rt 202 from the New Salem General store. Parking in field on the right, across the road from the farmhouse and barn.
- Open May 20 through Thanksgiving. Sweet cider available only in fall; look for hard cider and donuts on May 20!